libexpat1 & libexpat1-dev mismatch?

Palo Kisa palo.kisa at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 11:28:33 UTC 2008

Hi,
 I've got a problem building my own application on Interpid. It seem
to me that there is a mismatch in package libexpat1 and libexpat1-dev.
libexpat1-dev (2.0.1-4) contains the right header /usr/include/expat.h
(version 2.0.1), but the library in package libexpat1 (2.0.1-4) seems
to be an older one:
$ ls /usr/lib/libexpat*
/usr/lib/libexpat.a   /usr/lib/libexpat.so@
/usr/lib/libexpat.so.1.5.2  /usr/lib/libexpatw.la
/usr/lib/libexpatw.so.1@
/usr/lib/libexpat.la  /usr/lib/libexpat.so.1@  /usr/lib/libexpatw.a
    /usr/lib/libexpatw.so@  /usr/lib/libexpatw.so.1.5.2

Expat library beginning with version 1.95.08 contains at least 2 new
funcions/symbols XML_StopParser, XML_ResumeParser which I use in my
app, so I've got undefined references in linking time.

Is this right or am I missing something?

Thanks

palo