new power management implementation

Felipe Figueiredo philsf79 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 12:08:59 UTC 2008

On Thursday 04 December 2008 18:31:27 nergar wrote:
> Will this work? I currently have 4 machines running Ubuntu, only 1
> suspends correctly, another suspends but audio and wireless stop working
> and none can hibernate.

You should check for existing bug reports and see if your specific case fits
there, or report a new one if it doesn't, if you haven't done already.

I read a whole bunch of tutorials, blog posts, bug reports and HOWTOs until
months later I finally tested and found out how to make my laptop suspend (it
already hibernated without problems). Since then, I believe Intrepid already
includes the fix, although I intend to continue using Hardy.

The way to get things working is to report bugs to get them solved, not get
used to themn, or complain in forums and mailling lists, like some people do
(I'm not saying you're doing this, really, but this happens an awful lot).

regards
FF