Configuring X with multiple drivers available

Przemysław Kulczycki przemekkulczycki at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 12:22:57 UTC 2008

Hi!
AFAIK, in Hardy the new display configuration tool doesn't allow to
choose a driver for your graphics card.
In previous Ubuntu versions you could choose between ie. ati, fglrx, and
radeonhd (if you installed it).
Now I don't see any way to configure it thru GUI. It could clearly be
seen as a regression.
<!-- Or maybe I missed something? If yes, then tell me where is it.
I know that I could configure it by manually editing xorg.conf, but
that's not the point. -->
[5 minutes later]
Ok, I've checked again and now I see in the menu editor that there is
the old Screens & Graphics tool, but it's not shown by default.
The new tool should have an option to choose a driver manually, if there
is more than one driver available, or at least it should have a button
to run the old tool.
--
## Przemysław Kulczycki <<>> Azrael Nightwalker ##
# jabber: azrael[na]jabster.pl | tlen: azrael29a #