Brainstorm ML and Ubuntu's own summer of code?

PEDRO MACANAS VALVERDE macanas_ped at gva.es
Fri Apr 25 09:21:49 UTC 2008

De:  Nicolas Deschildre
Enviado el: jue 24/04/2008 21:17
Para: ubuntu-devel-discuss at lists.ubuntu.com
CC: ubuntu-qa at lists.ubuntu.com
Asunto: Brainstorm ML and Ubuntu's own summer of code?

>I would also like to take this opportunity to introduce an idea that I
see as a natural follow-up to the Brainstorm website: an event similar
to the Google Summer of Code, that would be launched every development
cycle. Basically the concept would be similar to GSoC except that the
motivation factor would not be money but the fact that the
contribution would be included in Ubuntu's next version (granted it is
completed on time). The event would cover Ubuntu "extensions", and
involves coding, but also packaging, documentation, i18n, ....

I would include MIDI (similar to KMID) for all the Ubuntu flavours.

Regards