Activate Desktop-Effects: Yes/No-Button?

Oliver Grawert ogra at
Thu Sep 27 10:36:37 UTC 2007

Am Donnerstag, den 27.09.2007, 12:04 +0200 schrieb Dominik Wagenfuehr:
> > My point was that if you give people lots of choice they don't know what
> > to choose.
> I know. :) But currently you have no choice at all with Ubuntu
> installation (concerning software installation). Or am I wrong?
if you have one of the 20-50 chipsets supporting compiz out of the box
properly you have the choice to disable it in the appearance capplet ...

if you dont have such a chipset you dont have the choice indeed since
compiz will simply not find the composite extension and wont start :)

out of four laptops, three desktop machines and about 20 thin clients i
have two here where it works flawless, on all others it's properly and
automatically disabled.