automatic dpkg --configure -a

Gianmarco Leone gm_l at email.it
Sun Sep 23 18:21:27 UTC 2007

Hi all,
I had a little idea that could be trivial to implement, and I don't see
any drawback in implementing it. When you interrupt a package manager
(apt-get or synaptic) you have to manually run "dpkg --configure -a" to
make thing clean again (you complete the installation/upgrade process of
the packages). My idea is to automatically run it at boot. If everything
is ok, it doesn't do anything, else he complete the broken process at
boot without the need to run manually the command in a terminal. USE
CASE: abnormal termination of dpkg causated by a power failure or a
discharged battery.
Ciao,
Gianmarco

 Sponsor:
 Vendi ciò che vuoi con il canale annunci di Email.it. Inserisci il tuo annuncio gratuitamente!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=6890&d=23-9