preparing 7.10 upcome

Mihamina (R12y) Rakotomandimby mihamina.rakotomandimby at etu.univ-orleans.fr
Thu Sep 20 22:59:00 UTC 2007

Hi,
I dont know if you have already been confronted to the lagging of the
mirrors at the date of any release. FTP servers are always overloaded.

So. I have a dedicated server, at OVH (a French ISP) and another one at
CTN1 (also French): How could I bring my participation in order to use
my servers as up to date mirrors. It's no worth to have a mirror with a
5 days update delay. The goal is to get the releases from the top fo the
tree server as soon as possible and then open my FTP to those how want
to DL.

That would imply:
- knowing the most "top of the tree" mirror
- advertising my server

I know how to advertise my server.
But what for the first point?