The latest nightly cdimages / ISO's are above 710 megs

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 17 11:23:51 UTC 2007

On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 08:29:10AM +0100, Tim Kersten wrote:
> I know I'm subscribed to the digest for this mailing list so I don't
> know if it's been addressed yet, but it's not just the amd64 cd
> images. I've noticed that they're all too big since. At least since
> the 12th September. For people wanted to test actual hardware I think
> it may be a problem if the cd images remain so big as they won't be
> able to burn them.

Yes, we'll be sorting this out before beta.

> I filled a bug about this: https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/139646

Please don't file bugs about this in future. They tend not to get
noticed by the people who actually reduce the CD size again, and they
just hang around until somebody remembers to close them. Furthermore, we
don't need bugs about this as it's automatically a release blocker for
CDs to be oversized.