That need to close bugs?

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Tue Sep 11 23:57:28 BST 2007

On 12/09/07 04:39, Alexandre Strube wrote:
> I want to raise something here...
>
> One of the things that made me take some distance from daily ubuntu
> development was a raid of newer people which closes the bugs for
> whatever reason. If the bug is not good enough for them, they close.
> This is more or less an example:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.15/+bug/43354
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.15/+bug/43354>
>

> yes, the guy did not provide the information required. Does this mean
> that the bug vanished magically? No. In fact, the prism54 status is
> REGRESSION from feisty to gutsy. But why would I bother to post a bug,
> just to be closed for any reason? (This is only an example. There are
> several others)
Alexandre,

It is good that you raise this issue in my opinion. I too have seen this
kind of behaviour and wondered what to do about it. I wondered if adding
a comment to the bug would help, but found no particularly transparent
or productive way to engage the person closing the bug.

I'm almost wondering if it's happening because you get karma from
closing a bug.