how to rebuild a kernel package on amd64?

Todd Deshane deshantm at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 23:21:01 UTC 2007

On 9/2/07, Mihamina (R12y) Rakotomandimby <
mihamina.rakotomandimby at etu.univ-orleans.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
> There is a -xen linux-image but only for i386.
> I expected gettting the kernel package source on my amd64 version and
> rebuilding the package would build a -xen image for my arch.
>
> I see it did not, because built packages are not xen kernels but
> "simple" kernels.
>
> I want at least try to build it. It might have been blocked in some rule
> script, I dont know,...
>
> Would you indicate me where to check?
> Thank you.
>
> PS: How tohave my posts accepted in the -devel list? Who to contact?

There is already support for Xen for amd64. As of Xen 3.1 amd64 bit is
already supported, so I believe that is why you only see one Xen kernel
package, as they are now compatible. Somebody please correct me if my
understanding is incorrect.

As mentioned previously though, package support is good with the meta
packages ubuntu-xen-desktop-amd64 and ubuntu-xen-server-amd64.

Todd