Hardy: Time for sync project focus and here is how

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 06:24:36 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I'm posting this here because that is what some guy in #ubuntu-devel
told me to do to get a better discussion going.

Basically in the launchpad blueprints list there are a few tickets to
look at for existing complete ideas:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/ltsp-palm-devices
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/pim-device-sync
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/pocket-pc-support
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/pda-support-out-of-the-box
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/syncintegration

The new idea is to use _all_ the tools we have at our disposal to
engineer a system which will be robust, functional and should be made
to show how god awful syncing on other platforms is currently done.

Tools: OpenSync, Python/Gtk, HAL/DBus, BluetoothTools

The Plan: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PimSyncPlan

Er and yes, hit me over the head with a clue by 4 if I've done some
wrong, guessing how to do this.

Best Regards, Martin Owens