untouched bug in less package

Fergal Daly fergal at esatclear.ie
Fri Oct 26 14:09:06 UTC 2007

I filed this bug in June

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/less/+bug/120459

and it's had 0 activity since, so since ubuntu-devel-discuss is listed
as the maintainer, I thought I'd bring it up here.

The basic problem is that lesspipe uses $SHELL to tell what the
current shell is, but that's wrong, it only tells you what the login
shell is when what you really want to know is which shell invoked
lesspipe.

I'm not sure there is a way to discover what invoked you, so maybe the
invoker needs to pass that information, maybe set $SHELL for the eval.

Any comments?