A tricky situation in malone bug 60995

Phillip Susi psusi at cfl.rr.com
Tue Oct 23 21:43:57 UTC 2007

Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:
> There is no dataloss for Web sites that allow caching, but there is
> dataloss for sites that use HTTPS, such as wiki.ubuntu.com. Firefox

Launchpad uses https and I guess it allows caching because form data is
retained on back/forward there.  I don't see why firefox can't just say
to hell with the headers and cache the page in ram ( only ) anyhow.
Maybe only use the cache in the case of back/forward, but go ahead and
fetch the page again if you enter the url or follow a link?