How about to patch synapatic to make it actively download packages using multiple threads?

yueyu lin popeyelin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 02:26:31 UTC 2007

As you noticed, sometimes, synaptic downloads packages slowly. I noticed
that apt-get in fact can use multiple threads to download sometimes. But
synaptic seems seldom to do this.
I wanna know why? In fact, it will not be difficult to modify codes to
support active multiple threads downloading. But it doesn't appear. I guess
developers think it's impolite to fork a lot of threads to download things
from server. The server may only serve for a few *rude* people. If it's
true, I will stop any attempts to do so. If it's not,I can have a try to do
this.

Yueyu Lin