NAS 1.9

Davy Durham pubaddr4 at davyandbeth.com
Sat Oct 20 03:04:34 UTC 2007

Greetings,
  I've discovered a problem that NAS-1.9 has with linux-2.6.22.

  Basically the audio playback just plays a split second of the sound
and then halts.  You can send nasd a SIGALRM to make it continue for
another cycle but then it quickly halts again.  The problem has to do
with nasd improperly handling signals (and missing it's own SIGALRMs)
but seems to have just now showed up with linux's new tickess methods
and probable signal processing rearrangement.

  Anyway the problem was very recently discovered and fixed.  You can
read about it here:
    http://radscan.com/nas/nas-ml/msg01606.html
  and all the surrounding posts.

  But there's a patch in that post, that seems to fix it. And a couple
of days ago he said he would probably release 1.9.1.  I dunno if you
want to wait until then, or patch 1.9 and re-release it now.

  Anyway, in the meantime, I'm going to run NAS from svn which contains
the working code.

Thanks for a GREAT distro!  Keep up the good work.
  Davy