4 More days...

Scott geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com
Tue Oct 16 03:25:36 UTC 2007

In 1192472687.20506.142.camel at wing-commander on Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:24:47
+0100, Scott James Remnant spake thusly:

> On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 03:46 +1000, David MacKinnon wrote:
>
>> On 10/16/07, Scott James Remnant <scott at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>>
>> > You mentioned udev in your mailing list post -- clearly you have some
>> > reason to suspect it should be fixed there, otherwise why mention it
>> > all?
>>
>> Because the other person in the bug thought so enough to ask the udev
>> maintainers opinion, which was never given?
>>
> The udev maintainer (me) has an unanswered question on the bug ... which
> is why I was a bit miffed that you were blaming udev when the maintainer
> clearly hasn't got the information he needs.
>
> Scott

If you are referring to your "What causes the race, do we know?"
question, then I guess we must lay the blame on  Reinhard Tartler who has
not had the opportunity (perhaps he has higher priories in his life than
developing software - assuming he's unpaid like most FLOSS developers
are) to respond.*

On a related note, the last comment (as of this writing) in thhis bug is
a week old and it's from none other than Richard. He asks "So are we
pushing a gutsy release next without this patched anywhere?"

Well Richard, since your question has been ignored, I'll do my best to
answer it for you.

The answer is:

"Yes, that's what we're doing".

*FLOSS' biggest downfall.