Restricted tab-completion is annoying

Aaron C. de Bruyn ubuntu-devel-discuss at darkpixel.com
Sat Oct 13 04:03:50 UTC 2007

> I think this sucks.  I spend a lot of time at the bash prompt and use tab-completion constantly.  When you are in bash, I would expect you sorta know what you are doing.

I totally forgot my other example until just a few minutes ago when I went to modify my apt sources list.

sudo -e /etc/apt/sour<TAB> gives me sudo -e /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ for no apparent reason.  It doesn't appear to be a permissions issue.
sudo vi /etc/apt/sour<TAB> gives me the correct result--sudo vi /etc/apt/sources.list

Perhaps this is something I should file a bug report on?

-A