Restricted tab-completion is annoying

Vincenzo Ciancia ciancia at di.unipi.it
Thu Oct 11 15:51:23 UTC 2007

On 11/10/2007 Aaron C. de Bruyn wrote:
> I don't think it's a good argument to say that people need to have user-friendly hand-holding at the command prompt.  If I want to run 'evince somefile.asp' I should be able to.  I don't care if the extension is .asp .pdf or .mystupidfile.

The shortest path to solve usability of this would be to complete
"restricted" for the first tab, and "all files" for the second. When I
have file extension corrected, I love unzip to complete only .zip files.
 But this will always be in the way in many occasions. Just pressing tab
again should extend the completion level.

Vincenzo