Benefit of Compiz to audio work?

(=?utf-8?q?=60=60-=5F-=C2=B4=C2=B4?=) -- Fernando ubuntu at
Wed Nov 21 23:27:37 UTC 2007

On Sunday 18 November 2007 13:39:15 Cory K. wrote:
> There looks to be many opinions on either side of this question. I have
> also involved the ML and it looks as varied as here.
> So we're still out on this decision and welcome more opinions.
> -Cory \m/

In my case, where I have an onboard GPU (intel 855) CompizFusion takes a large hit on CPU.
From what I've seen, on even older/slower laptops with dedicated GPUs, 3D is quite less CPU hungry.

So my idea would be some way to test if the PC has a dedicated GPU or not, and then enable or not GPU.
Sure this could also apply to regular/generic kernel, but none the less RT is allways a special case.

BUGabundo  :o)
Linux user #443786    GPG key 1024D/A1784EBB
My new micro-blog @