Windows Program Support

Sebastian Heinlein glatzor at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 12 10:55:09 UTC 2007

Am Montag, den 12.11.2007, 00:21 +0100 schrieb Jan Claeys:
> Op vrijdag 09-11-2007 om 02:24 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Sebastian
> Heinlein:
> > Perhaps we could perform a ClamAV scan before running a Windows
> > application?
>
> Does that need to have a clamav daemon running (IME, it isn't very
> reliable...)?

No daemon would be needed. If you want you can download my
"winelauncher" prototype and try it. It is already fully working.

Generally detecting perhaps only the half of all viruses seems to be
bettor than none. But I don't have got any data to compare anti-virus
programs.

> (Also, there is ClamFS for FUSE, would that be useful.)

Not really. The FUSE can be used for live scanning data. You would have
to copy all the files to the FUSE.