A Wine-like compatibility layer to run Mac OS X programs on Linux?

Emmet Hikory emmet.hikory at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 04:43:32 UTC 2007

On 11/9/07, Sebastian Heinlein wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 09.11.2007, 11:12 +0900 schrieb Emmet Hikory:
> >     If you have a powerpc machine, the MacOnLinux (1) virtual layer
> > may be useful for many applications (although using alternate virtual
> > machines may be as convenient).  If you have an x86 machine, there are
> > a number of virtual machines that can be used for Intel OS X (with
> > appropriate modifications) and the Basilisk II m68k emulator (2) does
> > a reasonable job for older applications (through OS 8.1 or so).
>
> AFAIK you are not allowed to virtualize MacOS.

    That may be true.  I was under the impression that the license was
adjusted for Leopard, but on review, it appears to only apply to
Leopard server.  On the other hand, I am not a licensing expert:
anyone looking into virtualisation is encouraged to review their
license to determine if this is permitted by the license agreement.

--
Emmet HIKORY