Windows Program Support

Evan eapache at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 02:20:52 UTC 2007

On Nov 8, 2007 8:45 PM, Nicolas Alvarez <nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com> wrote:
>Do you consider helping DDoS a website being "a lot of damage"? I do.
>Connecting to an IRC server to wait for instructions from the botnet
>master and sending requests to a website is something any normal user
>can do.

Sorry, I was thinking more in terms of directly harming the user's system,
not botnets etc. but you're right: a lot of malicious things can be
accomplished by an unprivileged user. Requiring AV scans would certainly
help, but if a user really wants to run a program, they have the ability to
ignore the AV and run it anyways. Maybe ignoring wine, and just sticking to
finding repo alternatives would be a safer bet.