Ubuntu development - joining...

Tim Hull thully at umich.edu
Sun Nov 4 00:03:34 UTC 2007

> The best approach is to search a project/issue that you are interested
> in, which seems to be improving the laptop experience. There is also a
> lengthy document from Andreas Lloyd which lots of contacts:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ContributeToUbuntu

Thanks for the info.

The Ubuntu membership is more a kind of reward for contributing a lot to
> Ubuntu and expect of getting a nice email address you cannot do a lot
> with it.
>
> You will get commit access (motu/core-dev) if you have proved to be a
> trustworthy and productive member of the community and the corresponding
> privileges will help you to improve your work flow a lot. I don't think
> that this is the case yet.

I wasn't implying that I was asking for commit access, just that I was
interested in working toward that.

If you have a patch just nag the people on IRC about it.

OK - I haven't always had the best of luck there, though...

All of the above mentioned bugs are very hard to reproduce and a "likely
> cause" is not the relevant part of the code that has to be fixed or even
> a solution. Furthermore it seems that in general the hardware support of
> the MacBook doesn't seems to be very good: Perhaps some ACPI issues.

What about #137598?  That one has a patch, and several other people
experiencing the issue as reported in the bug.
Also, #147883 has an upstream patch.