Draining the font swamp (Matt Zimmerman)

mike corn mikecorn at arcor.de
Sat May 26 06:59:55 UTC 2007

<<
What I'm concerned with in this thread is the experience of an average user,
who cares very little about fonts, just wants their applications to
work, and be able to display readable text in their language.  We want to
have the simplest, cleanest infrastructure to provide this.

This is the challenge for any complex application. Provide simple defaults for ordinary or casual usage, but allow access to the complexity if wanted. Too few developers think about this.