we should set a grub password by default

(``-_-´´) -- Fernando Ubuntu at BUGabundo.net
Wed May 16 11:22:04 UTC 2007

On 5/16/07, Matthew Paul Thomas <mpt at canonical.com> wrote:
> On May 16, 2007, at 10:33 AM, Phillip Susi wrote:
>
> So how feasible it would be for grub to accept the passphrase of any
> admin user, rather than having its own? That would be weird in the
> sense that the admin accounts are Ubuntu-specific, whereas grub is in
> theory controlling access to multiple OSes. But it would save
> subjecting people to an extra step in the installer, and it would make
> the grub passphrase no longer a headache.
>
> Cheers
> --
> Matthew Paul Thomas
> http://mpt.net.nz/

Is is so hard to just run:
"sudo passwd root"
after the fisrt boot, while configuring everything else??

I do it all the time, and after this simple step, I dont have even to
bother about a password on grub.

--
BUGabundo  :o)
(``-_-´´)

http://BUGabundo.net
http://BrinKadeiraS.BUGabundo.net

http://host.BUGabundo.net  --  http://alojamento.BUGabundo.net
>From 1€ / month

Crazy Domain Insane (200GB disk, 2TB bw, 6.00€ ($7.95)/month)

at http://www.dreamhost.com/r.cgi?249195/signup
50$ discount with promo code "BUG50" on all plans
Free lifetime domain with promo code "BUGDOMAIN"