KLF setup

George Farris farrisg at cc.mala.bc.ca
Wed May 9 15:01:24 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-05 at 08:27 +0200, Mike Cornelison wrote:
> <<
> It wouldn't be so bad if there was just one concise piece of documentation but alas, we have all manor of stuff out in the wide on the net.  Much of it is not correct for Ubuntu or your particular version of Ubuntu. Tools we really need but also good docs for each release.
> >>

> I think this is indicative of Linux, not just Ubuntu. Every distro and every release invents some new and improved wheels, and neglects documentation. We badly need a standards body to dampen the chaos. LSB?

Couldn't agree more, however, in the interim if there was some concise
docs for Feisty it would be great.  Maybe we could get something going
here to solve the problem until the GUI wizards are in.  Possibly an
Ubuntu Server docs url on ubuntu.com.  Fill it with some howto
information covering Samba, LDAP, Kerberos, NFSv4, Active Directory
Integration.