Jackd - update 7.04 repository with version 0.103.0 compiled with default tmpdir=/dev/shm

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Tue May 8 17:35:36 UTC 2007

7.04 has already been released, and will now only be updated for security
and high-impact bug fixes.  If UbuntuStudio requires newer software, it must
either be based on gutsy, or use a supplementary repository (such as
feisty-backports, or a dedicated repository of your own, perhaps hosted in
Launchpad).

On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 02:16:37PM +0200, Simon Lewis wrote:
> Hello Sarah
>
> Thanks for your reply. The reason for my request is that I think it is
> very important for UbunuStudio to have these 2 versions on board.
>
> Also very important is a version of ALSA wherby the duplex bug in
> pcm_multi is corrected. This effects any program whereby the user wants
> to play any other tracks while recording a new one or play a new track
> while recording it. This includes ardour, rosegarden, audacity etc..
>
> There is a patch for ALSA 1.013 or the ALSA head is corrected but  not
> made available as a release candidate.
>
> Best wishes, Simon
>

> Sarah Hobbs schrieb:
> > Hi.
> >
> > Please see http://wiki.ubuntu.com/TimeBasedReleases
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Hobbsee
> >
> > Simon Lewis wrote:
> >> Dear developers
> >>
> >> Please update the 7.04 repository with the current version of jackd
> >> compiled with default tmpdir=/dev/shm - thus maximising system
> >> performance.
> >>
> >> Also QJackCtl needs updating to 0.2.22 for 192kHz and freebob support.
> >>
> >> Many thanks, Simon.

 - mdz