Looking Glass and Summer of Code

Matthias Klose doko at ubuntu.com
Fri Mar 23 14:49:06 UTC 2007

William Tracy schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> Would Ubuntu have any interest in Project Looking Glass work being
> done for Summer of Code? Looking Glass didn't get accepted for SoC
> this year, though I'm told that the Looking Glass community might
> still be able to find a mentor.
>
> I'm working on a proposal for improving usability in Looking Glass and
> getting the packages to a state where they can actually be included in
> Multiverse.
>
> I'd already gotten a mock-up video of what I'm planning completed and
> uploaded to YouTube ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcDWY2TcZOI )
> before I found out that Looking Glass wasn't going to be accepted into
> SoC. :-(
>
> Basically, should I keep working on the proposal and submit it, or am
> I better off just stopping now and moving on?
>
> William Tracy

Please could you write down the project idea in a wiki page at wiki.ubuntu.com?
Use the SpecTemplate for the page. If you didn't already apply (see [1]), then
please do so before Mar 26. Evaluation and ranking of the submitted projects
will start next week.

  Matthias

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GoogleSoC2007/Students