Configure dual screens

Corey Burger corey.burger at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 06:08:12 UTC 2007

On 3/12/07, Mehdi Dogguy <mehdi at dogguy.org> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I just want to know if it is planned to a gui to configure dual screens [1]
> like in other distros (like fedora) ?
> Because, for the moment, the operation is not so "user-friendly" and a lot
> of persons will appreciate to have this kind of tool.
>
> Mehdi,
>
> [1]
> http://shots.linuxquestions.org/scaled/Fedora%20Core%206/44.gif

The Fedora people and us are waiting for Xserver 1.3, which has the
new Randr 1.2 protocol. What does this mean for normal users?
Basically, the new randr, which is the protocol for changing screen
sizes, is totally changing, meaning all tools which change screen size
need to be reworked. There is a release candidate for 1.3 out right
now[1], but it is doubtful whether that will make it into Feisty (or
Fedora 7). I would expect Feisty+1 to have such a gui, as the new
randr protocol is now stable.

Thank make sense?

[1] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2007-March/022324.html

Corey