Mime type for troff wrong?

Phillip Susi psusi at cfl.rr.com
Tue Mar 13 23:13:27 UTC 2007

I have noticed that the mime-support package classifies troff files with
the mime type of "application/x-troff".  I believe this is wrong since
troff is a text format, it should be "text/troff".  This causes problems
because troff files served via an apache server can not be viewed by
clients because the browser assumes that it needs an external
application to view the file rather than treat it for what it is: plain
text.

Am I missing something here or should the mime type be changed?