Using standardized SI prefixes

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Thu Jun 14 22:37:48 UTC 2007

Ben Finney <bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au> writes:

> A GiB is the same in any locale, and has the same display -- "GiB"
> -- in any locale. Displaying it another way is misleading.

I'm informed that this may not be the case. Consider the statement
modified to: "A GiB is the same in any locale, and displaying it as GB
is never correct no matter the locale".

--
 \       "A free society is one where it is safe to be unpopular."  -- |
  `\                                             Adlai Ewing Stevenson |