Using standardized SI prefixes

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at
Tue Jun 12 14:21:12 UTC 2007

Scott James Remnant <scott at> writes:

> This is a strong advocation for using powers of ten everywhere, and
> abolishing the use of powers of two multiples altogether, no?

Nothing needs to be abolished but inconsistency. The same good would
be had by *knowing the difference*, and differentiating explicitly
between powers of 10 and powers of 2.

We have the standard tools now to do that, if we but use them.

 \      "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O |
  `\       Lord, make my enemies ridiculous!' And God granted it."  -- |
_o__)                                                         Voltaire |
Ben Finney