apport query

shirish shirishag75 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 05:56:37 UTC 2007

Hi all,
      I'm using apport 0.89 . xfce4-places-plugin version
0.3.0-0ubuntu1 crashes on every login so finally I said it not to
report any future crashes of this package version. As & when it gets
xfce4-places-plugin gets updated lets say 0.3.0-ubuntu2 or something
like that would apport report that?

Also let's say mistakenly I asked apport not to report the crash again
for this package version. Now if I want to set it so it does report
the crash again, what should I do?I tried to see but couldn't find any
.apport or .apport-gtk . Looked also at /etc/apport but that also
doesn't give any direction. There is no manual entry for apport. I'm
sure most of the things are already filed as bugs & would be in due
course of implementation.

Edit: Just found out in /usr/share/doc/apport-gtk/TODO

- support /etc/apport/blacklist.d/ for check_ignored(): one exe
   per line

But don't know whether it will be fine-grained to check for version
stuff or not as I would not like to do report crashes of the same
version but whenever it does get updated would like to report if there
are regressions, failures etc.

Sorry for the long mail.
Cheers !
--
          Shirish Agarwal

065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3  8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17