"Software Sources" design (Re: An update repository for a custom distro?)

Gianmarco Leone gm_l at email.it
Wed Jan 3 00:39:54 UTC 2007

> 14. The final three checkboxes contradict each other in two ways.
>
>      -   If I uncheck "Check for updates automatically", and check
>          "Download updates automatically, but do not install them",
>          updates apparently both will and won't be downloaded. This can
>          be fixed by disabling the final two checkboxes when "Check for
>          updates automatically" is turned off.
>
>      -   If I check both "Download updates automatically, but do not
>          install them" and "Install security updates without
>          confirmation", security updates apparently both will and won't
>          be installed automatically. This can be fixed by replacing the
>          checkboxes with an "Install them automatically:" menu containing
>          three options: "Never", "Security updates only", and "Always".

It is also not clear what is the exact result to be expected. Is
checking the first option ("Download updates automatically, but do not
install them") the only way to download automatically updates, or it is
already done and this option prevents them to install? Not clear

ciao
gianmarco

 Sponsor:
 Video-Corsi.com : Vuoi scoprire un modo rapido e veloce per imparare? Scopri i nostri VideoCorsi professionali
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=5141&d=3-1