Allowing passwordless login via GDM

Florian Hackenberger f.hackenberger at chello.at
Tue Feb 27 08:26:44 UTC 2007

On Monday 26 February 2007 22:33, Mike Fedyk wrote:
> So does GDM.
No, it doesn't. As the OP tried to point out, there is a semantic difference
between autologin and password-less login. Autologin automatically logs one
specific user into the system, while password-less login requires the user to
type in the username and press enter. It allows the user to choose at login
time which system user will log into the system.
	While password-less logins are inevitably a privacy concern, I think we
should enable our users to make an educated choice by providing the feature
(like kdm does) and making 100% sure that they are informed what the
consequences are (reduced security, decrease of privacy, tell them not to
save any important data using this account...).

Cheers,
	Florian

--
Florian Hackenberger