Fwd: Allowing passwordless login via GDM

(``-_-´´) -- Fernando Ubuntu at BUGabundo.net
Thu Feb 22 11:46:18 UTC 2007

Although GDM can do autologin, it will only work for one user, and not
every user one would wish to make this work.

On 2/22/07, Martin Pitt <martin.pitt at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hi Milan,
>
> Milan [2007-02-22 10:44 +0100]:
> > Currently, I have to hack /etc/pam.d and /etc/shadow to allow my
> > parents to login without password: this is a real lack compared to
> > Windows !
>
> This should not be necessary at all. gdm's configuration program
> already offers the option of automatic login (which should stay off by
> default, of course). If this does not work, can you please file a bug
> against gdm?
>
> Martin
>
> --
> Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de
> Ubuntu Developer   http://www.ubuntu.com
> Debian Developer   http://www.debian.org

BUGabundo  :o)
(``-_-´´)
http://BUGabundo.net
http://BrinKadeiraS.BUGabundo.net

http://host.BUGabundo.net  --  http://alojamento.BUGabundo.net
>From 1€ / month

Crazy Domain Insane (200GB disk, 2TB bw, 6.00€ ($7.95)/month)

at http://www.dreamhost.com/r.cgi?249195/signup|BUG50

50$ discount with promo code "BUG50" on all plans