TV Out SVideo support

(``-_-´´) -- Fernando Ubuntu at BUGabundo.net
Wed Feb 14 13:02:42 UTC 2007

Well, in my case I have a laptop Intel centrino PM 1.7 with and 855
chipset/onboard graphic cards.
Where can I find more on how to use S-Video - TVOut on Ubuntu ?

thanks in advance

On 2/13/07, Matt Zimmerman <mdz at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 03:37:57PM +0000, (``-_-´´) -- Fernando wrote:
> > I would like to know if there has been any new development for this topic?
> > This is the last thing that I need to have working, so I can say that
> > I can do anything on Linux that I did on Windows.
>
> This is a complex issue which must be dealt with on a driver-by-driver (and
> sometimes device-by-device) basis.  My personal experience is that TV output
> works sometimes with older NVIDIA cards and nvtv, and most of the time with
> the proprietary nvidia driver.  I once had an ATI Radeon all-in-wonder card
> working with the gatos drivers.  I have heard reports that Intel i945GM
> laptops support TV output out of the box with the default drivers, with a
> few limitations.
>
> In the NVIDIA and ATI cases, this type of functionality is limited due to a
> lack of cooperation with the hardware vendors.
>
> --
>  - mdz

BUGabundo  :o)
(``-_-´´)
http://BUGabundo.net
http://BrinKadeiraS.BUGabundo.net

http://host.BUGabundo.net  --  http://alojamento.BUGabundo.net
>From 1€ / month

Crazy Domain Insane (200GB disk, 2TB bw, 6.00€ ($7.95)/month)

at http://www.dreamhost.com/r.cgi?249195/signup|BUG50

50$ discount with promo code "BUG50" on all plans