restarting firefox

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 2 16:46:44 UTC 2007

On Sat, Jan 27, 2007 at 11:37:01PM -0600, David Farning wrote:
> A number of browser related bug seem to caused by not restarting the
> browser after updating some packages in the system.  These packages seem
> to be firefox itself, some themes, and some fonts.
>
> Until the mozillateam gets these issues sorted out, would it be feasible
> to have update manager request that firefox be restart if any themes or
> fonts are updated.

This is already done for Firefox itself.  Can you point to some of the
apparent issues with themes and fonts?  I've never known those to cause a
problem.

Martin: how about an apport hook which would check for the existence of the
file which indicates that a restart is needed, and suppresses the problem
report, apologizing and telling the user that Firefox must be restarted
after updating it.

--
 - mdz