Switcher (Alt-Tab) Jumble in compizconfig-settings-manager

Conrad Knauer atheoi at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 08:56:06 UTC 2007

On Dec 25, 2007 8:29 AM, Cody A.W. Somerville
<cody-somerville at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> > I was finally poking around in ccsm in Gutsy and I note that the
> > functionality traditionally provided by alt-tab is available via
> > several different plugins under Window Management:
> >
> > Application Switcher (more-or-less the traditional alt-tab in a little
> > bar across the screen)
> > Ring Switcher (icons on an invisible wheel)
> > Shift Switcher (two modes: Cover, the Mac-ish one; and Flip, the
> > Vista-ish one ;)
> >
> > It would seem to make more sense to have all four of those as options
> > from a single 'Switcher' plugin, or maybe via some simplified frontend
> > (with option to go 'Advanced' to the current setup?)
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> Sounds good. I look forward to reviewing your patch.

<heh> Perhaps you misunderstood; I was suggesting an idea, not saying
that I knew how to implement it or even where to start (I would
describe myself as an advanced user, not a developer... in fact I'm
not even sure exactly where Compiz stores its local settings!)

One of the things that I've noticed BTW is that in ccsm, in Actions ->
Key bindings for Ring Switcher, I can't seem to change "Next Window"
from Super+Tab to Alt+Tab (note in Application Switcher, "Next window"
and "Prev window" are blue).

CK