Ubuntu Screens/Resolutions Management - or the reason i still MUST use m$ windows

Sidarth Dasari sidster802 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 00:17:34 UTC 2007

Mikael Eriksson wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 09:32:21PM +0000, Till Kamppeter wrote:
>
>> Yes, you need to take the "intel" driver. After I switched from the
>> "i810" to the "intel" driver I could use a projector with my laptop, at
>> least after restarting X.
>>

> Have you tried running xrandr --auto ?

If you use an nvidia card, use the proprietary drivers and install
nvidia-settings. This has all those option including where to place the
screen and so on. Made it simple in 7.10.
The alpha of hardy is not going so great though. The new xorg they are
testing refuses to use two monitors and just crashes everytime I
activate the second one.