Q: Reason for partitioning scheme?

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Thu Dec 13 17:54:32 UTC 2007

On 2007/12/13 10:09 (GMT-0700) Kevin Fries apparently typed:

> My first partition is Windows if it will be installed on the system.
> This way, no matter what I do with partitions in Linux, the Windows C:
> remains fixed.

Unless Vista changed something, C: is always a primary FAT* or NTFS partition
on the first disk. It makes absolutely no difference where on disk it is
located physically or logically.
http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/share/disk20G-multiboot.txt is a 100% valid
multiboot partitioning scheme that works with generic MBR code. More at
http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/install-doz-after
--
"   Our Constitution was made only for a moral
and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409