Support for multimedia/internet keyboards

Alexandre Strube surak at
Wed Aug 15 10:20:20 UTC 2007

2007/8/15, Pascal De Vuyst <pascal.devuyst at>:
> Currently Ubuntu provides no out of the box support for the extra
> multimedia or internet keys on desktop keyboards.

May not do for any keyboard. However, our company already sold 60000+
computers with Ubuntu and all of them had media keys working out of box. We
have changed more than once our supplier for keyboards, and it always
Note: we sell only with pt-br layouts, and it seems the chinese
manufacturers put the mappings of the microsoft media keys on them.

Alexandre Strube
surak at