Announcement: One Click Installer

Krzysztof Lichota krzysiek at lichota.net
Tue Aug 7 19:34:35 UTC 2007

Jerome Haltom napisaƂ(a):
> Now that I actually read this, I don't see any actual difference between
> it and GAptI. Is there one?
>
> Other than the file being some weird XMLish thing. With hard coded
> command line options in it.

Command line option was added as hack specifically to support installing
Skype deb from their repository. I couldn't believe it but they have put
repository with debs without signing it!
It will go away as soon as I find better solution.

> I choose the format I choose for GAptI
> because it was keeping in-line with the traditional Name: Value pair
> format used by both dpkg and apt itself.

Not whole worlds is using apt. XML is more flexible when it comes to
supporting unexpected things.

	Krzysztof Lichota