Strategy for fixing Bug #1

Andrew Jorgensen andrew.jorgensen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 17:14:08 UTC 2006

> Here are the "what it will take win" points from the essay:
>
>     1. Drivers for all major existing hardware.

Unfortunately what we need is not drivers for all major existing
hardware but drivers for all major hardware soon to exist.  We're
always one step behind (or several) in this area.  In other words,
what we really need there is for hardware component vendors to
actively push for their hardware to be supported in Linux so that when
they release their hardware there are already drivers written for it.