Groovy Gorilla is now open for development

Lukasz Zemczak lukasz.zemczak at canonical.com
Mon Apr 27 09:04:31 UTC 2020

We’re pleased to announce that groovy is now *open for development*.
auto-sync has been enabled and will run soon. As usual, we expect a
large influx of builds and autopkgtests in this initial period, which
will cause delays. Please help with fixing any breakage that occurs.

For this release we're moving a few of our live documents over to
Discourse from the Ubuntu wiki. We have a draft release schedule:

  https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/groovy-gorilla-release-schedule/15531

for discussion (please reply to this email with any concerns).

A few of us had a conversation a little while ago, where we talked
about how we could improve communication around archive-wide changes
so that other developers are aware when there is planned disruption in
the archive. So if you are planning something which might have a
disruptive effect on the archive (e.g. potential to cause build
failures), please add it to the second table in the above link.

There's also a skeleton of what will be the release notes

  https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/groovy-gorilla-release-notes/15533

which we’re also moving over to Discourse.

For both of these, redirects from the old locations on the wiki should
be set up already.

Cheers, happy grooving!

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak