Bionic Beaver (18.04) Final Beta Freeze

Lukasz Zemczak lukasz.zemczak at canonical.com
Tue Apr 3 16:00:41 UTC 2018

In some short while bionic will enter the final beta freeze, with a
goal of releasing the Final Beta images hopefully sometime late
Thursday.  The link to the milestone can be found here:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+milestone/ubuntu-18.04-beta

The queue freeze will last from now until final release this month,
which means that all seeded packages will now need a spot-check and
review in the queue from a release team member before they are let
into the archive.

As with the previous releases, we have a bot in place that will accept
uploads that are unseeded and don't affect images.  Don't take this as
an open invitation to break Feature Freeze on those components, this
is just to reduce the burden on the release team, so we only review
the uploads that need very serious consideration.  If you find the bot
is blocking an upload that you think should have been auto-accepted,
let us know and we'll sort it out.

We will be spinning a set of beta candidates [1] later today which we
encourage people to get to testing ASAP for their favourite flavour(s)
as they come off the line.

Happy bug-hunting from now until the final release, and please do help
out and test ISOs, netboot, etc, where you can and let us know what's
broken in your environment(s).  Be sure to target any milestone
relevant bugs to the beta milestone whenever needed.

[1]http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/388/builds

On behalf of the Ubuntu Release Team,

--
Ɓukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak