Wily Werewolf (15.10) Final Beta Freeze

Adam Conrad adconrad at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 22 23:45:23 UTC 2015

As of about ten minutes ago, wily has entered the final beta freeze,
with a goal of releasing Final Beta images sometime late Thursday.

The queue freeze will last from now until final release in October,
which means that all seeded packages will now need a spot-check and
review in the queue from a release team member before they are let
into the archive.

As with the previous releases, we have a bot in place that will accept
uploads that are unseeded and don't affect images.  Don't take this as
an open invitation to break Feature Freeze on those components, this
is just to reduce the burden on the release team, so we only review the
uploads that need very serious consideration.  If you find the bot is
blocking an upload that you think should have been auto-accepted, let
us know and we'll sort it out.

I will be spinning a set of beta candidates right now which I encourage
people to get to testing ASAP for their favourite flavour(s), but do
expect at least one respin tomorrow for the newer kernel and gcc, at
the very least.

Happy bughunting from now until the final release, and please do help
out and test ISOs, netboot, etc, where you can and let us know what's
broken in your environment(s).

On behalf of the Ubuntu Release Team,

Adam Conrad