Minutes from Technical Board meeting at 2014-05-12

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Mon May 12 21:06:14 UTC 2014

Also available online at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TechnicalBoard/TeamReports/14/May

Chair: Martin Pitt
Attendees: Adam Conrad, Marc Deslauriers
Apologies: Stéphane Graber, Steve Langasek, Kees Cook

= Action review =
 * Steve to work with SRU team to get a list of how the provisional MREs have/haven't been used: '''DONE'''

= Mark's "Matters approaching" =
 * Not a good meeting IRC topic, reminder to follow up via email
 * Will also be discussed at Malta sprint

= Review our current "provisional" Micro Release Exceptions =
 * The TB reviewed the current list based on Brian Murray's errors/LP bugs analysis
 * '''ACTION:''': pitti to follow up with Maarten Lankhorst about the mesa MRE; it caused regressions (UbuntuBug:1134974) which haven't been triaged, and in general this package is almost impossible to regression test on the world's hardware. Is this still a requirement? If not, we would like to drop this MRE.
 * '''ACTION:''' Adam to review the reported bugs from vlc updates (which are most probably not regressions)
 * '''ACTION:''' Martin to review the reported bugs from LibO updates and check whether there are definite/likely regressions
 * '''AGREED:''' All other provisional MREs have a good track record of actually being used and no reported regressions (caveat: apport doesn't auto-report on servers) and will be turned into full MREs.

= Meeting time =
Still being discussed via email