UI/doc freeze today; final beta freeze on Monday

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 19 13:03:46 UTC 2013

Hi folks,

This is a reminder that, per the release schedule, we freeze today (2000
UTC) for user interface and documentation string changes.  See
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UserInterfaceFreeze and
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationStringFreeze for what this means to
you.

After some discussion on ubuntu-release, we have moved the final beta
freeze to Monday, so from the start of the European day on Monday,
migrations from saucy-proposed to saucy of packages on the images we're
releasing will require signoff from a member of the release team.

>From now until final beta, please particularly try to:

 * address bugs targeted to saucy:
   http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-s-tracking-bug-tasks.html
 * eliminate archive inconsistencies, particularly those preventing
   migration of packages from saucy-proposed:
   http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/proposed-migration/update_excuses.html
 * if you are QAing images, nominate/target any bugs you find that must
   be fixed for release

See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SaucySalamander/ReleaseSchedule for the rest
of the schedule in the run-up to Ubuntu 13.10.

Thanks,

for the Ubuntu release team