Minutes of the Technical Board meeting 2013-02-18
martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 18 22:23:44 UTC 2013
Note, this is also available in the wiki:
Chair: Martin Pitt
Attendees: Colin Watson, Stéphane Graber, Soren Hansen
Guests: Anthony Wong, Jack Yu
Apologies: Matt Zimmerman, Kees Cook
= Action review =
* Colin to clarify the SRU documentation in light of Steve's comments on bundling: '''done'''
= Flavor of Ubuntu Kylin <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuKylin> =
* The Technical Board welcomes the Kylin community to take up a real Chinese Ubuntu flavour, as the Ubuntu Developer team has traditionally lacked Chinese specific skills
* The individual points of above document have been discussed, and most items regarded as genuine localization. However, there were a few points which were requested to be clarified/changed.
* Chinese Input Method: Using fcitx will not be compatible with the Ubuntu/Unity/GNOME assumptions of using ibus, i. e. this will not work with e. g. control-center, the keyboard indicator, and the ibus indicator.
* ''ACTION:'' JackWu to document justification for switching to fcitx, and impact on control center, indicators, application support
* Cooperation with WPS: The TB feels that promoting proprietary software in the installer and default desktop is against the spirit and letter of the Ubuntu brand and philosophy and should not be done. Easy installation through Software Center is perfectly valid of course.
* ''ACTION:'' JackYu to clarify on the wiki page what WPS is, how it's going to be integrated, and status of Libre``Office
* System Assistant, Photo Handling: These two are not Chinese specific, but should rather be done in the general Ubuntu context; System Assistant sounds like the old computer-janitor, a potential successor of which should be implemented in software-center proper
* ''ACTION:'' JackYu to clarify goals and details for both
* The guidelines for accepted Ubuntu flavours require a signed CoC, one or more developers have upload rights, show 6 months activity and have a QA contact
* ''ACTION:'' JackYu and Anthony Wong to sign CoC
* The TB recognizes that requiring already existing upload rights is not something we can enforce in this case, and that developer merits should be acquired while working on Kylin instead. This should be reviewed in six months, until then the Foundations team has agreed to be formally responsible for the flavour and help out with mentoring, sponsoring, and release engineering.
= SRU Minor Release Exception for Ceph =
* Deferred to email as we ran out of time
No pending community bug reports.
Chair for next meeting: Kees (carried over)
Next meeting is on 2013-03-04.
Martin Pitt | http://www.piware.de
Ubuntu Developer (www.ubuntu.com) | Debian Developer (www.debian.org)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the ubuntu-devel-announce